Someone answered a post the other day and it made me think...

Do you think that MAYBE at some point everyone can get into Heaven, even if they have done horrible things in their lives and didn't make it to Heaven when they died? Do you think it's possible that God puts you in Hell for a period of time to go through some suffering but still gives the chance to repent and go to Heaven after some time? I would never have thought so, but it made me think because I know that we are ALL God's children. I love my kids so much that no matter what they did I could never stop loving them, and God loves us this way too. Do you think that once you get to Hell it's permanent, or is there a little piece of your mind that thinks this might be possible too? I live my life with the feeling that this is not true, that we should strive to be what God wants us to be and secure our place in Heaven with him. I don't ever want to be in Hell to find out if this is true or not lol! Your thoughts?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 4:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i seem to recall a phrase: "my father's hall hath many mansions". sorry i don't have the exact source, but i know its in the Bible. I believe that we all work our way towards Truth, kind of like climbing a mountain from different sides, but reaching the same destination.
    My personal beliefs in Hell has no physical location, but a state of mind that we are accountable for. so yes, in a sense, when we do things hurtful, unloving, or choose to be apathetic, we create a Hell dwelling within our hearts and minds. but I believe in eternal redemption. once you hit rock bottom, the only direction you can go is up! I believe we are all naturally drawn toward the light of Truth, whatever that may ultimately be (surely something our human thoughts can't possibly grapple with!) the kingdom of heaven is within you.......
    lol, strangely, my paranoia is that there is nothing after death, instead of fearing the concept of going to Hell.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 3:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i think once you're in hell maybe you could repent! i have never thought of it this way either, if i went to hell i would try to repent but im not sure if God would take me back. i think you have to be VERY VERY bad to get into hell
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:08 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Isn't that kinda what purgatory is? I dunno.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:20 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I think it's closer to the tenets of other religions than Christianity. For example, in mine, pretty much everyone goes the same place. There are exceptions, but it's not something you have any control over. There is no concept of absolution. You are responsible for every decision you make from birth until death, but you are not punished after death, you simply have to own the consequences of your actions throughout your life.
    There are other religions with similar beliefs - one of the reasons people prefer them over Christianity, honestly.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I will never ever turn my back on Christianity because I do believe that Jesus is our savior, but I am open to other beliefs because who are we to say that any of us are 100% correct in what we believe. I think it will end up being like a mixture of all the world's religions. It sure will be awesome to find out (not that I want to anytime soon though LOL!)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:29 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• No, I don't believe that because it's not biblical. BUT, I do believe people of other faiths who haven't heard the Gospel will make it in.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:44 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• While it is nice to think those things could happen, it goes against scripture. Everyone will have the chance to hear the gospel even those of other religions. You are right God loves all of us however not all of us love Him. There are people who have chosen not to.
    Read John 3 as Jesus spoke to Nicodemas also in Matthew 10 it says this 32"Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. 33"But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven. Lastly it says this John 14 6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and)the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. As you can see by reading these scriptures you cannot enter Heaven unless you have confessed, accepted , chosen Jesus Christ as Lord. You must KNOW Him as your personal Savior. SIN cannot dwell in Heaven..... unrepentent sin that is! So no not everyone cont
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Is this unjust? No, it is just. Everyone will have the chance to chose between God and Satan. It is which ever you choose you determine where you will go for eternity. God loves everyone so much, he desires that NONE perish . Yet because of free will He will not force Himself into your heart.
    I love my children very much but is they choose to disobey my guidelines/rules there are consequences for their disobedience. If they choose to obey there is a reward. Its the same with God and us. Blessings
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:26 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• No. I think that its possible you have one last chance to accept Jesus if the son of God when youre being judged and if you dont then thats that. But I dont think God thinks twice about you after youre in hell.

Answer by gemgem at 7:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• When we have something we need o know we need to go to the source for the answer. In this case the source is the Bible. Yes God loves us. He loves so much he gave his son to die for us. So, because he gives us a chance here, to make things right with him and live for him, once we die we live out the consequences of our decision. That is why it is so important to teach children from an early age that it is not Religion that is important is Relationship with Jesus Christ; accepting His sacrifice and his love. Now this doesn't mean God is mean on the contrary,Think about what you would do if you had one child and if you gave that child up to death, you would save people down through time. Would you do it? He did. Look into the bible the answers are there. If you need to talk some more. I'm ready to listen, or read as the case may be.
    craftymeme

Answer by craftymeme at 8:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2009