Does anyone know if this is true?

I saw this on a group post by another mom, and I am trying to find out if anyone knows if FOR SURE this is true? If so, it really sucks! We're military, and we don't get paid much at all. The benefits are what make us want to stay military. Why would they start making us pay to use a military medical facility? That's supposed to be one of the benefits is free medical if you use a military facility.

http://soldiersmind.com/2009/01/07/proposed-tricare-cuts-could-cause-problems-for-military-families-and-retirees/

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 5:47 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We are army and haven't heard this at all. What I have heard is that they were trying to increase tricare standard and tricare for life (the one for retirees) deductibles and co pays.. I haven't heard anything about charging to use an MTF.. and why would they? MTF's are generally less than adequate lol. People would start going off post for primary care if they charged.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:17 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• i havent heard that but if it is true that is bull we arent military but i still dont think i would stand for that
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:50 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• We're Army and I haven't heard of this....but who knows. I really doubt they would start charging for MTF - and if they do - I will start going off Post. Well, being in Korea I don't have many options...and the facilities here suck on and off post.

I'm going to look more into this and I'm also going to ask my friend about this. She's a Safety Officer and she hears about everything.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 6:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I don't believe this is accurate. What I have heard, the CBO (congressional budget office) is looking into cutting some vet. payouts.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• No. It's not true. Do a google search and on the first page there's a few links about it.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 8:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Thanks, good to know!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I did a google search and all I found was reports of an increase.

I dunno. I have heard it to. Some people were talking about it last weekend at the military ball.

I do know that Obama has asked the Pentagon to slash its budget by 10%. Given the world situation where do you think they will make the cuts?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2009