Are we obssessed with weight gain while we're pregnant and then on losing it?

It seems like people always ask about the weight gain during pregnancy and then how fast it's lost after the baby. Do you think it's kind of an obsession?

paula405

Asked by paula405 at 5:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Health

• of course it is. why? because weight is a common obsession in our society no matter what the circumstance.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 5:58 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• our society has two extremes: overwieght and underweight. It's very, very sad. I think it's an annoying obsession actually and people should just strive to be healthy. If you look back on paintings from the Renaissance and before, shape was beautiful. Women had curves, and weren't like Paris Hilton. This society has made it ok to be tiny, when women should be happy with their bodies. (Obesity isn't healthy either though, you know?!).

I love being pregnant. I don't care how much I gain, as long as I am doing it in a healthy manner.. I eat fairly well and while I am not skinny I am not fat, and that's ok with me. I don't obsess over weight, a lot. I do want to lose some weight, but for health reasons.. not so much vanity.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2009