wha can i do to stop nagging my husband for the little things,,,, iluv him so?

we have only been 7 years married i quit my great job to stay home so he can better his job, now i am so lonley miss my true friends , we are falling apart .... need some good advice from some balanced ,,, and wisdom moms ,,,,,,, thanks

deelong601

Asked by deelong601 at 7:58 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• You need date nights, and you need YOU time. When 2 people are NOT happy with they're personal lives..because yes we do still need one even when married..then it will reflect into our married lives! I go to my friends place from time to time, and so does my hubby, we're much happier to see each other after being apart for a few hours here and there. Also we set aside one night a week to go out to dinner with each other. You HAVE TO do this, you need to find what it was in the first place that caused you to fall in love. It's still there, you just have to get that spark going again. Surprise him when he comes home, with something he loves..he will I'm sure return the favor. If those friends you say you miss, where true friends..they'd still be coming to visit you, and inviting you out to do things too...so consider that, your probably not missing out on much. You 2 need to get hobbies you love to do TOGETHER.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Focus on the good things, and what you love about each other. Hope this advice (i'm the writer from above too) helps you out!!!

Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• If your children are in school, why don't you get a part time job that you can work at while kids are in school.It will keep you from being lonely and help with the marriage too.If you aren't still dating your husband, why not?☺ Just because you are married doesn't mean you shouldn't date.Rekindle, make date nights, have time for yourselves.Get back to the reasons you married in the first place.You were happy when you were working, see if you can go back part time. It won't hurt to ask. Fall in love again with your husband and do things to help him do that too.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:17 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• It sounds like you're itching to get back to work and feel like YOU again! I too gave up a 6-figure salary in order to be a SAHM, and have been home for the past 7+ years, and I'm VERY MUCH looking forward to my younger son starting full-day kindergarten in the fall...YAY! I'll be working as a Substitute Teacher (just completed all of the training and background checks)--all you need is a 4 year degree! And in PA it pays around $100/day....better than retail or some other minimum wage job, and I can use my brain a little! LOL

As for your husband, as tempting as it is to "pick" because of your frustration, try to remember he isn't a child, and let him make mistakes and/or figure things out for himself--even if it's not how you would do things. I know it's hard, but soon enough, you'll be able to get back out to the real world, and with that, I'm sure the nagging will subside.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:49 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• You really don't know what you have until it gone. Nagging is not going to solve anything. Who are you really mad at? Yourself or your husband. Yourself because of your decision to stay at home. Sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you are that unhappy go back to work. Then your child would suffer for your decision. Choose and then happy with that deicison but don't nag at your husband.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• think before you speak

Answer by admckenzie at 1:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2009