No cry sleep solution and a 7 month old

Baby no. 3 is not doing anything at all like babies 1 and 2 (or it could be that I forgot what 1 & 2 were like since we had our kids 7 years apart and the oldest is 14 YO...) anyway, I'm trying to get him on a decent sleep schedule (thank you, teeth, for messing that up!) I used CIO on the other two, they were done and over in two nights, and I want to try the NCSS. However, we have 3 kids and a mortgage so the discretionary income to buy the book is just not there.
I read the online handout guide that came with the book, and I was wondering if any other moms have used it and is there anything else they can tell me? Thanks!
(he has a quiet, dark room, white noise machine, comfy blankies and pj's, a nighttime routine, and when he's finished his night bottle and I get up from rocking him, his eyes are so droopy he looks funny. However, his butt his that crib and I got shot the "what the hell are you doing, woman" look.

plylerjones

Asked by plylerjones at 8:11 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I haven't use the NCSS, but for us the CIO took about a week. I also know that teeth can play a part in it. I hope you find something that works for you.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:13 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I have the same problem, my son is 8 months. He NEVER goes to sleep without crying, I tried the Cry it out method...he cried for so long, even when checking in on him, here and there to lay him back down. Any way's he cried so hard he made himself sick and kind of chocked on it, I will NEVER do it again. Now I just let him cry himself to sleep..but I go in every few mins to give back his suckie and lay him back down, cover him and leave the room...I have to do this some times up to 10x but he ends up falling asleep every time. I too have the same room set up as you...some babies are just stubborn and don't want to go to sleep and they do grow out of it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I know the budget is tight, but for $39 there is a product that really works called the Magic Sleepsuit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I got my copy from the library. It only took a week to help my son learn to sleep better.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I read the Baby Sleep Book by the Sears family and it took 4days to get my son to sleep at 7:30PM - 8AM everynight. He takes two 1 - 1 1/2hr naps everyday. I don't use the CIO method.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 12:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2009