no appropriate med. dropper.

and no possible way for me to go out and get one. I was out yesterday and didnt like the only one that babies r us had, which wasnt in a set- so i didnt bother- especially sence i my MIL had told me there was a new one in the med. cabinet.

my DDs is supposed to take 1.5ML twice a day the only droppers i have are

1ML & 2ML
2.5ML-25ML (cup)
0.3 & 0.6ML

Should I just give her the 1ML, then use the smller dropper a bit before 0.6ML??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• And my FH picked up her prescription and even though I reminded him (w/a note even) that she was going to need a medicine dropper- He came home w/o one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• That's what I did. I got DS's rx filled and the pharmacy didn't put in a medicine dropper for a 6 month old. did they think he was gonna use the cup or what? I had a medicine dropper that was 1-2 ML, so I filled it up to between the 1 and the 2 to make 1.5 ML.
    If you have a cup and a dropper, you could also pour the dosage into the cup to the right measurement, then use the dropper to transfer it to the baby until the cup is empty. Might be easier :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:30 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Fill the 1ml and then fill half way again.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:44 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I would go to a pharmacy and ask for a few oral med syringes (3 mL ones would work best) they usually give them for free
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:27 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Get a medicinal syringe from the pharmacy. Better safe than sorry....and getting the wrong dose isn't doing her any good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• What's the medicine? Call the doc and see if it's better to under dose or over for your particular. 1.6 v 1.5 may be Ok. Or 1.3 v. 1.5 may be best. Or it may be ok to estimate and get close to 1.5.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Any pharmacy will give you an infant dropper for free.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• yah we got a syringe with our medicine and it came with a cool top to put the tip of the syringe in and you tip it upside down to get just the right dose. I thought it was pretty cool. You said you have no way of going out to get one so I assume you have no car or something so i'd probably do the 1 ml and then fill it half way again as a last resort...but if you have a friend who can take you to the pharmacy that would be your best be to make sure.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2009