How long is too long to wait?

Long story short I've been in a long distance relationship for just over a year. We dated before, about 8 years ago, and we had a daughter together. We split moved on and then just over a year ago hooked back up. We now live about 700 miles apart, so with the distance I am just trying to live my life, and raise my kids. We've had those deep conversations, about waitning for each other and all that. He has told me he will move to my area, but that was almost a year ago. I'm willing to continue waiting, but am just curious as to how long everyone thinks is too long to wait. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Have the discussion again. If you truly love each other it will work itself out in the end.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:20 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• What I want to know is WHY you would consider rekindling a relationship with the FATHER of your DAUGHTER when he obviously hasn't been a part of her life?!

Does he pay child support? Does your daughter know who he is? There is always a reason why your ex is an ex...think back to why, people don;t change, but memories do fade.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• The distance may be adding a romance to the relationship that is just in your head, or his. If he said he'd move and hasn't, it looks as though he said it in the heat of the discussion and doesn't intend to do it. He may have even meant it, or he may just be trying to be obliging and to see what he can get out of this rekindling. The person you are talking to may be mainly a figment of your imagination, your dreams. You could ask him when he plans to move, and if he doesn't give a date, then back away. He can remain a friend, but don't expect anything from him. But think, if he does move, then what? The same reasons for breaking up that you and he had before are still there, and if he is actually living closer then what- now you are stuck again. Before a committment is made by his moving permanently, find out for sure, your dreams and reality may not be the same thing. Good luck and hugs.

Answer by Bmat at 9:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Youve waited long enough. You need to talk about it again, get some dates firmed up of when he plans to move, and when you can start your life together. If hes not willing to put dates down and so many deep discussions then its time to cut him loose.

Answer by gemgem at 10:13 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• bmat was right in everything she said. my ex husband had an ex like that too. she didn't even know when me and him got married until I told her! he kept up the love affair in her head and his. it's a fantasy. move on.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 11:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I would like her to answer the anons question... Has he been a part of the daughters life? If not then F***k him, he's not worth it!
    Anonymous