how would you feel if

ladies how would you feel if your BF,SO,Hubby, and you were sleeping in different room and they don't even care that you do that nor do they ask why your in that room? My BF and I sleep in different room for the reason that we have a small bed and we don't fit in the bed with the two big dogs we have if I try to sleep with him in the middle of the night the dogs will climb into bed and then I would have to move and my BF is a big guy as well. and you would think that he would get a bigger mattress but instead he is shopping around for couch. and if he doesn't know the reason why then it means he doesn't care because its obvious the dogs are always in bed with him now instead of me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Are the dogs more important than you?! Kick the dogs out, and TOGETHER shop for a larger mattress set! If he refuses to do either, he's JUST a boyfriend, leave him and find someone who will put you ahead of their dogs in order of importance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I have to say that this would be a BIG problem for me, probably a deal breaker, especially since you aren't officially married to him. Most men, though, are often oblivious to how we feel unless we come right out and tell them. Have you talked to him about this? If so, and he still chooses to sleep with your dogs instead of you, I'd say that you have a pretty major issue in your relationship. Try talking to him about it in a calm, rational, but firm way. If he loves you, which I'm sure he does, he'll be willing to work it out so that YOU are in his bed instead of the doggies. Good luck!
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 9:36 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I agree...NO DOGS IN BED!! Period. And I would be pissed that he doesn't choose me over them. Like PP said...he is not your husband. If he is choosing the dogs NOW, it will only get worse down the line. Dump him if he is not willing to negotiate with you.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Perhaps he likes being in bed with the dogs instead of you. I wouldn't allow it though. It's either the dogs or me. He would have to make a decision A\S\A\P
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Your letting a dog sleep in your place? Are you crazy ! ? ! We had that same problem just for one night.-- I won that argument too. lol
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 11:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• We have 2 large dogs and we do not let them sleep with us!!! Thats what the floor is for!
    Your bf needs a lesson in respect! I would make it clear it's either you or the dogs, if he takes the dogs, then he's not worth staying with anyway! GL
    Anonymous

• Why can't you just communicate with him and tell him to get a bigger bed and that you are out of the bed bc of the small bed? I can't believe you'd wait for him to say something and when he doesn't make it sound like he doesn't care. He's probably respecting your decision to leave the bedroom. YOU left. YOU tell him why if YOU care about the relationship. Quit pawning the responsibility off on him then whining Oh woe is me, he doesn't care. That's just silly. Talk to the man
    Anonymous

• Tell those damn dogs to get off.
    They're not stupid, they know you're not going to kick them off so they'll stay, knowing YOU"RE the one who leaves,
    Everytime they get up on the bed, push them off and say down forcefully. Eventually they'll get the idea and go find another place to sleep.
    If your BF says anything about it, I agree with the other ladies and pack your bags. He's obviously not ready to let a real lady be the main person in his life.
    Men are oblivious, not necessarily stupid. Mention to him that you don't like not sleeping with him and that you two should go find a proper bed for you and ANOTHER ONE for the dogs.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• kick the dogs out and save the relationship. If sleeping in the same bed is an important to you, then the dogs will have to sacrifice.
    Anonymous