• In the Spotlight:

Hurting joints in pregnancy?

I have been noticing that my joints (arms, hands, fingers, legs, knees, ankles) have been really sore and painful lately, about the past 3 weeks or so and I can wake up in the middle of the night and its like my fingers are frozen and I have to try really hard to get them to move. One of my fingers even kinda popped I had to try so hard to move it and it finally did move. But they are just really sore and I feel like the slightest move will make me injure myself. I am almost there too, about 36 wks 5d. I am being induced on March 2nd due to a mild case of preeclampsya.

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 9:49 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, sounds like you may have developed arthritis. I have arthritis and it sounds like me. But, who knows I'm not a doctor and can't diagnose you... hope it's not though, it's awful...especially in the cold and rainy weather. Supposedly, pregnancy should help arthritis suffers, but, hasn't helped me. good luck on your induction. Be prepared for a possible c-section. Not to scare you, but, just have that in mind...if your body doesn't go into labor on it's own (spontaneously) than getting cervical gel, pitocin and epidurals can lead to a c-section. That's what happened to me. I know it doesn't happen to everyone and I'm not saying it's going to happen to you. But, I freaked out and cried when I was told that I was going to get a c-section (it wasn't an emergency) after 16 hours of labor and "failure to progress" (only got to 4cm). Just keep all possibilities in your mind so you don't freak out either.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2009