Nipple stimulation?

How many women on here used nipple stimulation to bring on labor?
If so, Did it work & how long did it take for contractions to come one?

Also, how far along were you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i read that in what to expect when your expecting. it said you have to do it for like 1-3 hours a day. dont know if anyone has the time to play with their nipples all day but it said some women said it worked. so who knows?
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• No, it didn't. I tried at about 41 weeks last time. Caused a few contractions that went right away. This time I'm breastfeeding and it hasn't caused labor. I'm 41 weeks and a day.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• i did it the night before i had my son- at my home. ( i was 3 weeks early , but i was dialated to a 4 and 80% effaced for 3 weeks at the time) but the next morning i went to the hospital at 7:45, my water broke at 8am and then i had my son at 8:12am. :) yeah it was my first and it was FAST , but i think that the nipple stimulation really helped.
    i stimulated then for about 2 hours (my man did) that was around 4pm and around 6 pm i started getting my first contractions.
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• we tried this last night and it stimulated colostrum BIG TIME but nothing else. I guess I would have to do it longer.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 22, 2009