• In the Spotlight:

When did your baby roll over?

I remember my older daughter rolling over before she was 3 months. My youngest daughter is a little over 3 months and she hasn't rolled over yet...not even come close!

AnasMommy7

Asked by AnasMommy7 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was about 5 months old when he started to roll over.
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My son was 3 months when he rolled tummy to back and 6 months back to tummy
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:32 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My son was 3 months to the day and my daughter was sometimes after 3 months. Maybe 4 or 5 months. They all do things at their own pace and she will do it :o) Don't you worry!
    TylersMama05

Answer by TylersMama05 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My youngest rolled over at about 4 days, my oldest about 2 months.

For the youngest I had laid him on the sofa, since I felt it was safe for a newborn, I walked a few feet away to get something and as I looked back, over he went, and onto the carpet. Thank goodness he had a soft landing. That taught me not to assume about safe places.

Answer by Bmat at 10:37 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Bmat, I had the same thing happen to me with my first son. Poor kid, he landed face first. I will be more careful with my second, but I am sure he will find another way to freak me out!
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• our little guy rolled over at 4 months.. and at 5 months, he was non stop... my inlaws had to put a gate up leading to their downstairs... ( garage enterance) and OMG, he can make it in three rolls if he's by papa's chair, so... the reinforced babygate is up...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:35 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• 3 1/2 months tummy to back, 4(ish) months back to tummy.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My son was 5 months when he rolled over the first time, then he didn't do it again (tried his best not to, actually) until 8 months. 4-6 months is the average, but it doesn't mean anything's wrong if it doesn't happen by then.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• 2.5 months, but the group I'm in has babies between 5 and 6 months that haven't started yet so don't worry. My son is an early crawler too crawling at 5.5 months.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• my little guy rolled over for the very first time when he was a little over 2months, he's now 3months and perfecting the skill still, lol
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2009