how do i get my kids to get to bed at night

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would like to know the answer to this one to lol. My almost 4 yr old is giving me a hardtime about goibg to bed.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I'm not sure what you mean, exactly bc you did not elaborate. But i will do my best.
    Routine. They need a routine. AND you need to be consistant. every day you start the routine by a bath (this is just an example) then after bath maybe a little yoga or calm play time. then it's time to brush teeth and go pee. then story time. a few songs. maybe a blessing. give them a kiss, tell them what is expected. "you will stay in bed now, bc it is time to sleep" good night. and walk away. if they get out of bed, put them back in bed. dont say anything. just walk them back to bed lay them down and walk out. If they are in the same room you may need to sit in the room with your back to them until they fall asleep OR put them to bed at seperate times. they are old enough to CIO. which is not something i suggest for younger kids. but at preschool age they are certianly capable of understanding what "bed time" is. Good Luck.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Try reading before bedtime. My son will pick out a couple of books and then knows afterwards it is time for bed. We enjoy that special quality time right before bed. We do this every night as a rountine and this works.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Is she napping to late? Or maybe just over tired? What we do is a hour and a half before bed she takes her bath, I get her ready for bed , brushes her teeth, her hair etc. Then she picks out a book and I sit and read it to her sometimes 2 (keeping only a small lamp on in her room) and then I tell her all about her day tomorrow and all the fun she will have, but she needs to sleep now. Its a routine , shes in bed by 830 every night, out like a light! It takes a while to find your routine but once you do it works like a charm and you have some quiet time with your other! :) Good Luck!
    mommybella

Answer by mommybella at 11:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• 1) I never ever change the bed time no matter what.
    2) They get to pick out 1 toy, no matter what that 1 toy is.
    3) We have bedtime quiet time. tv/dvd player in the room. ONE cartoon then it is off.
    4) If the above 3 does not work, tv off, toy taken away and you cry to sleep.
    5) If they come out I stop what I am doing, listen, calmly kiss them, pat their butt, and send them back in. Even if it is 1000 times.
    I sware if you keep to this it works.
    motherabc

Answer by motherabc at 9:54 AM on Feb. 26, 2009