any one else had really crappy US's @ the ER? i saw someone elses 6 week Us from an OB office and you could see the baby mine at the er siad i was 5 weeks 6 days and all they coould see was the yolk sack.. my bff said she has had really crappy ER ones too.. and not to worry but i wqas just wondering if anyone else has had bad er US's?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the baby looks like a jelly bean til like 12 weeks i had one at 8 weeks at the dr and it still looked like a jelly bean
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• yeh i know that.. my son looked like one.. this baby didoint but it was at the er
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• at 5w6d all you get is a yolk sac. I had an awesome u/s tech and machine with my daughter (fancy and new) and it's still ayolk sac with a heart beat. So I don't think it's just the ER machines, although I am sure they aren't as good as OB offices, or L&D.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:47 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• It wasn't a crappy u/s. The embryo just hasn't developed enough yet to be more than what you saw. Was your friend's u/s from LMP, or gestational age? Those extra two weeks make a big difference in what can be seen on u/s.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 11:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I had one at 6 weeks and another at 8 weeks( due to bleeding) and both looked nothing like a baby. even with my previous pregnancy did not look like a baby, not till 11 or 12 weeks, try to google a 6 week fetus or see if you can find a book called Life , it shows photos of actual fetus from start to finish, you'll see in colors that it does not look even remotely like a living thing

Shaima78

Answer by Shaima78 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I had my first @ 7 weeks and they said they didnt think i was even pregnant. Avoid the ER , find a real Dr.
    luvMIIsk8rBoi

Answer by luvMIIsk8rBoi at 6:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2009