what do you do when your child seems angry all the time?

she is angry and withdrawn most of the time and sometimes violent with her younger brother and animals. she seems to be angry about anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• How old is she? That makes a huge difference on how to address anger issues.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• did you ask her
    kristie190

Answer by kristie190 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Aww, you need to talk to her more. There is obviously something that is frustrating her, and if she feels that she can not get it out through words she will get it out in physical acts. If she feels like she is not getting enough positive attention too she will resort to negative attention as well. I guess they figure negative attention is better then no attention at all. I am not trying to say you don't give your baby enough attention, please don't take it that way. I just went through something similiar with my 3 year old. We recently got a new puppy and my oldest already has a younger sister. So because we were playing more with the little sister and the puppy (training puppy,ect as well), she would get really frustrated and make mean faces at us and stomp off. She started yelling more, and hitting the puppy and her sister just to get our attention.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Cont
    DH and I had to sit her down and explain to her that being mean and hurting people was never allowed. We let her know that if she ever needed to say something to us that she can tell us anything whenever she wants and we will promise to stop whatever we are doing and listen it her. We have also made it a point to stop and ask her questions through out the day like "what are doing honey?", "How was your day today?", "What was your favorite part of the day?", as well as involve her more with age appropriate things for her. I let her help me cook, and set the table, and do a few chores- and she loves it and has calmed down! Its great. All we did was improve communication, and give her more responsiblities, and she is alot nicer and happier! But then again she is 3. Some of this should still help though if your little sweety is younger though. GL!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• When I figure it out, I'll let you know...you just described my 3 year old lately.

He's been getting worse for the past few weeks, too.

And then 2 minutes later, he's smiling and laughing.....

UGH.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Oh...and if you figure it out, could you let me know? Please?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Not sure how old, but maybe some quality time together (lunch at McDonalds or an afternoon of play in the house without your other child/children). See if you see an improvement. If you see a difference, make sure to schedule this in periodically.

Also, talk to her and tell her you need her help. She is the older sister and such a good girl and you need her help with the pet, little brother/sister. Can she help you. Then when she does, tell her how much you appreciate it and what a good job she is doing taking care of them. It's worth a try.

momjs www.cjkidz.com
    momjs

Answer by momjs at 5:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2009