Stress??

My dH is having a bad time an getting upset over sincless stuff, that he should be able to over come. So what can I have him do to calm down or relax ive tried lots so does anyone have any good stress relief ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Yoga helps with stress. Which in turn will help with high BP. I'm 33, and on a med for high BP. That's not uncommon. Do some research on deep breathing exercises. I took a class in stress management. There are a lot of different techniques to try. You could find a text book for this kind of class, it will really help. Just do some research, there is a lot out there. There are many techniques that he may not be comfortable with, so he needs to try different ones. He may also want to talk with his doc, to try an antianxiety med. I have ativan, though it can be highly addictive. I take it when I need it, and it helps. It takes the edge off.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• A hot bath, have him sit back and let you wash him... That helps my hubby when he comes home from a long month of work and being away from us...
    Anonymous

• I'd have him see a doctor. It could be something medical. My dr says my adrenal glands are shot so I have to stay away from major stress over it.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• He does see a Dr. an has high blood pressure an hes 33? just wondering of some relaxing techniches? ? Thanks!!
    Anonymous

• Deep breathing helps. Also doing things that you enjoy such as drawing, gardening, cooking, meditating or reading can be relaxing. Another good technique is journaling. Writing or typing out all negative thoughts or expressions is a good way of releasing bad energy from the body.
    Metalli79

Answer by Metalli79 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2009