Vacations in Georgia

Do any of you have any suggestions for a vacation in Georgia ? I've got a 2, 3, & 4 year old that will be attending. I'm wanting something affordable, but fun for the kids. My kids love the outdoors.

BooHooMommy

Asked by BooHooMommy at 11:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Travel

• As a Georgia resident I would have to say:  Stone Mountain Park  There is a lot of pay stuff in there you would have to look it up but the parking is $10 and you can explore the nature trails and see the laser show in the summer for free after parking.  The Georgia Aquarium is awesome!  Not horribly pricey but not cheap either.  The Atlanta Zoo is nice but is expensive in my opinion.  Stone Mountain may actually be your best bet.   There are all kinds of options as far as attractions go from al a cart to all day passes.www.stonemountainpark.com

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/georgia/tybee-island-beach.php
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• what area were you looking into going maybe I can help come up with another option for you...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I would also say Stone Mountain park. There are hotels there so you could stay there and only leave for food or whatnot. They have a ride to the top of the mountain, they have kid areas with attractions like a country village...they just added a snow area but I don't know if that is open all year round
    stay AWAY from the aqarium, it is $25 a person, the lines are long, I did not enjoy it. The one in Chattanooga, TN is just as nice and cheaper. You might consider going there- it is an hour or two north of GA and there are lots of things to do there.
    Littlejem

Answer by Littlejem at 8:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• The Snow area will be there until March 1st. We have not been to it yet because it us $25 a person and so it would be $75 for our family which is a lot for a weekend outing but I guess not bad for a vacation. I have a hard time viewing Stone Mountain as a touristy place since it is just 15 min away. When we went tot he Aquarium it wasn't that bad. The one in Chattanooga is cheaper but it is also a lot smaller. The Aquarium here is also right by Centennial Olympic Park which in the summer has a play area fountain that is free.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Helen GA ( esp. off season) has some pretty affordable Cabins for rent. There are activities in the town. Things for Adults and Children. There is a Waterfall to hike up to. Savannah has plenty of historic things: Wormsloe site, Trolly site-seeing tours, Tybee Island. Jekyll lsland is a family friendly beach with a Water Park, bike trails, mini golf and miles of beach.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• You might want to consider staying near Centennial park. You can see the fountain/water show, go to Coca-Cola Museum, and go to Imagine It! Children's Museum. You can also tour CNN Center.
    Littlejem

Answer by Littlejem at 11:47 AM on Feb. 26, 2009