I have an addiction...

To sweets. I have been exercising 6x a week with no problem. High intensity cardio and some weights...I have NO problems working out, but I have an addiction to sweets, especially at night. And its keeping me at a plateau. PLEASE give me some tips to help me stop this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Also, make sure you are getting enough quality protein. The protein will keep you full longer so that you aren't feeling hungier sooner. Also, you might discover if you are staying up later that you should, you start to have the munchies, so hit the bed at a good time. Going to bed and getting your full amount you need allows your body to recover and rebuild after a good workout.

Last thing, drink a full glass of water when you begin that snacky feeling. This is how I'm making sure i get all my required amounts in, plus thwart the "wanting something sweet or crunchy" feeling.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Look into baking with stevia or xyletol. There are some wonderful recipes for cookies and other baked goods, that you can make with natural herb sweeteners that will end up being low-fat, low-calorie, and DELICIOUS! This is the natural, HEALTHY way to get your sweets. Ginger snaps are another healthy alternative to fattening cookies.

However, I also like the fat-free, sugar-free chocolate fudge instant Jello pudding. You just mix in some skim milk and it becomes pudding in 5 minutes. Then, I drizzle some sugar-free chocolate syrup on top. These items do have artificial sweeteners in them, though, so I make this a once-in-a-while treat. How about weight watchers desserts? They have a FABULOUS chocolate chip cookie dough sundae. Skinny Cow has wonderful low-fat ice cream sandwiches. These items never make me feel like I'm sacrificing. Most of all, keep an eye on portion size. Everything in moderation! GOOD LUCK!
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 1:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2009