my fiance works tonight till probably 11 or 12...

It is freezing in pittsburgh today and he left me 20 bucks so i have some cash. Well all i have in the house is pasta and sauce and hot dogs...easy stuff.. I really wanna make something inmy crock pot/slow cooker but only have that 20 on me and have no clue what i can get??? any ideas...and please dont suggest recipe websites...i dont have that kind of time to search and pick

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• At grocery stores they have banquet crock pot meals that are less than $20. They have like beef stew and stuff like that. Those are really good. They are in the frozen food sections
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 2:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I have had some of those that Momma2beauties suggested. Pretty good. Also, you might want to join the crock-pot groups that are here at Cafemom. You might pick up some good suggestions for next time.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 5:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I make just about everything in my slow cooker. A roast with carrots and potatoes can be done under 20 bucks. Chicken or pork chops, throw some cream of whatever soup over it and let it go. I would google crock pot ideas...the posibilities are endless.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:25 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I would see what is a great price on fresh meats and veggies at your store first...Then find or make a recipe using those products!!! However seeing your timing I would pick things for low and slow. get the foods and I can give you a recipe!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2009