• In the Spotlight:

might be stupid question, might be not, answer if u like.

i would like to know how long it takes for the tummy to grow when preg. and when do u first notice it starting to grow.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i started growing my baby bump at about 3 months... by 5 i was really noticeable
    bella710

Answer by bella710 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Depends on that number pregnancy this is for you... with my dd I didnt show til around 22 weeks, but you body frame weight, height everything like that.... Im nto far enough along to know with this one...6 weeks 4days
    liltxnchic

Answer by liltxnchic at 1:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• It took a good two months to feel the slight hardness of a baby bump... but I never got that big anyway. If I wore a sweatshirt even in my ninth month the belly was hardly noticeable! :(
    theitalian3721

Answer by theitalian3721 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• it depends on alot of stuff hon. Is this first baby, they take longer to show because tummy muscles are tighter. It also depends on if you are overweight, where the baby is laying etc.... by 4-5 months you should see something...by 6-7 holy cow-no doubt there a baby in there lol. I am 6 1/2 months and I am huge but this is second baby.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• 20 weeks and up. both my pregnancies . i didn't start showing till i was about 20 weeks.. and i 'm a small girl!!
    Sunshine172

Answer by Sunshine172 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• the stupid question is the one you never asked.. if this is your first baby, probably around 4 or 5 months. you show sooner w each pregnancy after that..every pregnancy and woman is different though so you wont get an accurate answer. just a guesstimate..GL and congrats
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• One thing that plays a huge factor in that is your body frame. When I was pregnant I was 145 lb and 5'6. I was almost 6 months before I actually looked pregnant and not just chubby. My SIL was like 110lb and maybe 5'2, her belly was huge at just like three to four months. I think the taller you are the more room the baby has to stretch upwards. lol
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 1:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• everyone is different. I am 15 weeks and still have a small tummy...no one knows i am prengnant, while I see others out there already showing like a basketball...not sure why but it was the same way when I was pregnant with my first and i believe that this could be one of the reason why I was able to get back in shape before 3 months after giving birth...I'd have to say it helped so don't stress your self, I know you are worried but i'm telling you that your baby is growing just fine even if you're not showing....you have baby in there who's perfectly healthy! good luck!
    TheBeautyOfLife

Answer by TheBeautyOfLife at 1:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2009