Do you think the boy is guilty?

It seems like it to me! ("Boy shoots dad's pregnant fiancee").

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,498135,00.html

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 1:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Also.. By placing this small child in prison will do nothing to "make him better" it will only turn him into a criminal. What he needs now, more then ever, is love to surround him. He needs serious mental help and treated for what ever happened in his head at that moment. The father needs charged with something, if that weapon would have been locked up this wouldn't have happened.

TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 9:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Sounds like it. What a sad case.
    ProudTxGrandma

Answer by ProudTxGrandma at 1:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yep sounds like ti to me too.Guess we'll see ...Horrible trajedy God rest baby and mama
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Makes you wonder what goes through a child's mind before they do something like this. If I am correct the story says he is charged as an adult. He is 11, so I would think that my 11 year old would know that would never be an acceptable action, but I wonder if he really understands what could happen to him now, and if he feels any remorse at the two lives he has taken (if he is guilty).
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Seems like it and makes me wonder what was going on in the home to cause the boys to do this.

Answer by gemgem at 1:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• For sure Gem
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• From what I get from this it was a jealous fit. I didn't read your link, but I live about an hour and a half away from there and it's been all over the news. The boy was jealous of her and wanted her and her baby out of the picture. Sad and tragic. I feel for all those involved! And yes, I'm sure he did it!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Boy should get the death penalty like everyone else does who shoots an unarmed pregnant woman. If he does get the death penalty and dies? He will be the youngest ever to be state held. But with the liberals? They will get him off on insanity charges.
    Anonymous

• he is 11 for petes sake! i can see where he would be tried as an adult but the death penalty is way to much for a child his age!

This is a horrible tragedy, i feel for the parents of the victim and the father of the child. I couldnt imagine loosing a loved one, baby, and child in one disturbing act.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I don't think an 11 year old should have to face the death penalty honestly, but I do think that throwing him in an adult prison will give him more of a sense of the impact and consequences of what he has done. I think a life sentence is more of a proper punishment for this crime at this age. And if the do get him off on insanity then he better be put into a hospital not just let go to live his life out with therapy or whatever.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2009