SHOOTING VAGINAL PAIN

I looked this up last night, and alot of sites said dialation....

but..
i need other opinions, its like a sharp stabbing quick pain like in and out over and over, inside my vagina.. not around.. or whatever but RIGHT in there from my cervix down.. I don't know my body very well... so I don't know.. I never got these with my first daughter, but then again.. I never dialated with her .. just.. opinions?

Sunshine172

Asked by Sunshine172 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be just dialation or contractions can cause that because im not dialating (so the docs say) but i have that everything i have a braxton hicks so i really dont know but i figured that might help a lil it didnt me but everyone is diffrent
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• call your doc, it can be normal to have that pain, but it also could signal a problem. better safe than sorry :o).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I always get these around 40 or 41 weeks. I just think it's your body geting ready for labor. It could be effacement or dialation(I haven't been checked ahead of time in my last two pregnancies). It could be the pressure of baby's head on your nerves. I'm not really sure.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• i have been having that for a couple of weeks (37 weeks along), I think it is just the baby hitting a nerve because I haven't dialated at all. But if it is accompanied by any contractions then you might want to check with your doc. good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2009