Has anyone been pregnant soon after a c-section?

My sister had her first baby in August of '08 by c-section. She is pregnant again and is feeling some discomfort in her muscels in her stomach and is getting worried that something could be wrong. I having only one c-section, and it was with my last have no idea how "safe" it is. So I'm wondering on her bahalf how safe is it to have another baby so soon after a c-section?

mommaleah4

Asked by mommaleah4 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My sister had a c-section and 2 mos later was pregnant again. She was pretty thin and didn't get big very fast and did well. Your sister should ask her Dr. about this or talk to him/her about her concerns.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• have you sister talk to her doctor, because my doctor said i couldnt get pregnant until my son was over a year old.. and when you have gest. diabetes they recommend 2 years.. so its a tough call, all bodies are different.. her doctor may as her to eat a lean diet, and do some ab excercises.. i have been working my abs really hard.. and they are just starting to get back.. i had a csection, but my son was so long that he stretched me out good..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 2:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I have had c-Sections and am expecting number 3 in April. My first 2 children are only 13 months apart, so I have some experience in this matter. With my 2nd child I felt discomfort in and around the area of my incision...it was almost like a pulling pain..like it was going to pull apart. I did mention it to my DR and they said that it was normal, and that it is just your muscles adjusting to the new pregnancy. She told me to notify her if the pain got too unbearable, or any worse and if there was any bleeding.
    From having the babies so close together, the muscles in my stomach did not have a chance to fully heal and therefor stretched a lot sooner than they did with my 1st.
    I would have her mention to her OB that she is experiencing some pain, and they can monitor it from there, but I would tell her not to worry too much. I carried my second child full term with no complications.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yes, I had a c-section Dec. '07 and 9 months later, got pregnant again. I'm going to try for a VBAC in May '09. My doc says after 6 months your scar should be healed. Some doctors will tell you wait at least one year before getting pregnant again...depends what her OB says and how she healed. She should be fine though.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• i had a c section in april 08 and got preg in july everything turned out ok
    hansen08

Answer by hansen08 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2009