is this an ok name???

i was thinking to name my child yuki for a girl. its japanese and i think it means snow im not a 100% sure. but im hispanic so idk if thats a little awkward.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think kids would mis pronoune it and call him/her yukky
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 1:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I wouldnt go with it. But thats just me. I always try to think of variations kids can use to tease because it ends up happening.

Answer by gemgem at 1:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I agree. I think it would be realy easy for kids to call her Yucky. But then again, ANY name can be made fun of. YOU are the mom and YOU get to pick her name. I personally don't like the name, HOWEVER, that is why I pop kids out of MY vagina, so I can name them what I please. If anyone has a problem with it, tell them they should have a kid so they an nname them.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 1:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Not for me! I also think the other children will call her "yucky" It's pathetic the way other kids act, but it's just how it is!
    Anonymous

• Sorry not so much!!
    Anonymous

• its not the greatest..
    here are some common ones

ashley
    elizabeth
    abagail
    maria
    rachel
    amanda
    alyson
    megan
    casey
    kelsie
    chelsea
    mariah
    tracey
    stacy
    sandy
    nicole
    christina
    lauren
    zoey
    michelle
    brooke
    olivia
    dakota
    sydney
    nadine
    jessica
    melissa
    gina
    jennifer
    kara
    amy
    monica
    sandra
    debbie
    amber
    vanessa
    alexandra
    natile
    amelia
    sulvana
    sulvia
    lola
    carly
    karen
    courtney
    Anonymous

• i think its cute, but i agree w the others, kids might call her yucky..but it's Your baby so if you like it, then of course its an ok name! i dont like common names..too many kids named one name lol..i have an Alexi, Sadie and soon to be Trinity..but im slowly finding out that a million people are naming their kid Trinity. my mother Hates it, but i love it and i told her when she pops another kid out of Her snatch, she can name it what ever she wants.lol GL
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• What about Ara? It also means snow...if my last lil guy had been a girl, the name we had chosen was Ara Belle(snow beautiful)
    rennisance

Answer by rennisance at 3:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I think it's awkward.. First off you aren't even sure of the meaning and second being hispanic. why not choose from one of the BEAUTIFUL Spanish names out there?
    Anonymous

• I know it's pronounced U-Key...but, people will think it looks like Yuckie! I don't know what to tell you, but, if you really like the name, go for it. I'm not a big fan of it though.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2009