I think he wants me dead. what did you get for Valentines day?

I told my husband I think I am diabetic. My father was, his father was, I had gestastional diabetes with my last child. I Told my husband I wanted slim fast for valentines day (lol but I'm serious). He walks in with a gift bag and I see a teddy bear stickin out the top, I'm guessing theres slim fast in there. Heres what I got. A heart shaped box of lemonheads.(sugar) A heart shaped box of variety ferrar roches`(sugar) a heart shaped box of chocolate turtles(sugar). I think he wants me dead....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol that is funny, I bet he thought that even if you were serious and he got you slim fast, you would be mad, angry hurt etc so he got you lots of candy to show you that you are perfect!! it is sweet really when you think about it!
    december911

Answer by december911 at 6:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• lol thats better than what I got. Nothin.
    Anonymous

• yea. . .i didn't get nothing. i had to make calls out that night because no one called me even. boooooooooooooooo

oh, my hubby is deployed. so thats why i say boooooooooooooooooooo

bow chicka bow chicka bow wow wow yeaahhhhh
    Anonymous

• Men are dense. At least you got something.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 2:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I highly doubt that he wants you dead my dear.
    He probably misunderstood what you ment and took the slimfast thing as a joke.
    I wouldn't be too worried about it lol
    Men don't think like we do and you haven't really been diagnosed with diabetes so he's probably just thinking "oh its a trick, so ill get her normal v-day gifts just to be on the safe side.."
    And instead of hinting at what you want, just tell him.
    I told my SO I wanted pilates DVDs and a fitness ring and thats what i got :)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• aw, im sorry :( men are dumb sometimes, was the tv on when you were talking to him? i know if the guy im seeing is watching tv everything i say goes in one ear and right out the other. my mom watched my son for a few hours and we went to dinner.... to a restaurant i actually wanted to go to!

walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Most men don't know any better. He just got you whatever is advertised in the store. So try not to be too hard on him. He's just probably programed that way.
    If he wanted you dead he would have gotten you something like black roses.
    Good luck on your battle with the dreadful sugar.

saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 2:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Lol! Sorry but that's too funny! But hey at least he got you something. Mine got me a big sack of nothing for V-Day!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 2:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• lol.... i agree with walkthisway.... men are just dumb sometimes...

lets see.... i got....

some super cute pjs,
    baby roses,
    chocolates,
    double date dinner with friends
    and we went and saw the friday the 13th movie

oh yea.. and took a trip to the "grown up store"... got a bunch of really fun goodies there :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• way to rub it in!
    Anonymous