could this be the big day??? might be tmi

i have been cramping and contracting all day yesturday and today ill be 39 wks on tuesday i already lost my plug and i know that the contractions are gonna get worse cause i have a 14 month old daughter and i have a bacterial infection that im on meds for but my question is could this be real labor or just more braxton hicks... i know that alot of women have alot of bowel movements before the baby is born i didnt with my daughter but in the last couple days i can seem to stay outta the bathroom either im peeing pooping or pucking the doc says this is normal and not to worry but what he didnt say is if its normal for pregnancy, labor, or the effect of the meds does anyone know what it could be? please help i cant live the next 9 days in my bathroom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah, i couldnt stop poopin a couple of days before i went into labor as well.. you should count your contractions and see how long they last and how far apart they are..if they're getting intense, call your L&D..also, heres something to help you count your contractions..i discovered it a couple of days ago.. http://www.contractionmaster.com/faq.html GL
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• welcome to the joys of pregnancy. just relax, you'll be fine.
    Anonymous

• I'd say you're getting close. If you're not having contractions today then you are not in labor. Like the old saying goes.. if you have to ask.. then you're not in labor. You will know it.. and it will be seriously uncomfortable and it won't stop.. it'll be every few minutes like period cramps.. and then it will just get worse from there. But don't panic because usually it takes a LONG time. I don't know if this is your first or not, but the first one usually takes the longest and it's normal for them to take around 24 hours.Call your doctor and they'll tell you when to go in.. basically you can be uncomfy in the hospital waiting room, or you can be uncomfy at home. Drink lots of water just in case, and eat something even if you're not hungry. Try a hot shower too, it will really help to slow contractions and bring them under control again. Good luck!
    s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 3:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2009