How many ounces a day did your ds or dd get when he/she was 4 months old?

I just am wanting to make sure my son is getting enough ounces in a day because he has a hard time staying asleep at night for longer than 3 hour intervals.

mylittlemonkee

Asked by mylittlemonkee at 2:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was taking 4 oz bottles about every 3 hours.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Breastfeeding can help with sleeping issues as well as ward off illnesses that may keep the baby awake. Children who are breastfeed also consistantly score higher on IQ tests then those children who were not.
    Anonymous

• Breastfeeding does not help children sleep longer. Breast milk is digested faster and the child wake up more to eat than formula fed babies. And no they do not score consistently higher on IQ tests. Where are you getting your info?
    Anonymous

• 2-3 ounces per pound of body weight per day at four months old you could give a little cereal by spoon. If you are ready. Though if you are breastfeeding I would hold off for a few more months if yo9u could.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Dd was drinking about 4oz at a time then.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My guys were taking an average of 45-50oz per day. They were huge eaters.

I agree with anon 3:29....the previous anon is blowing smoke and is full of it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• It's kinda rude for people to try and make people feel bad for not breastfeeding. My son is completely healthy and has had less problems than my aunts who is the same age and breastfed, and my son is bottlefed. Yes it may be better but not for everyone. Anyway, my son is 3 months and takes 5 oz every 3 hours, so I just think it depends on the baby.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 5:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yes. It depends on the baby. My son drinks 6-8 ounces every 2 1/2 3 hours. He's 15 weeks old. 27 inches long and 16.5 pounds. Big boy.
    KJDsMommy

Answer by KJDsMommy at 7:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2009