birthday cake

ok we usually have two parties for my daughters bday 1 for my side of the family and a few friends and one for his.our place isnt big enough.anyway this yr. we are doing one big party so eveyone can be there and stuff.we are using my grandparents church's fellowship hall.i am wonder how many people will a sheet cake feed? do i need more cake or cookies or cupcakes or what i need help planning can anyone help me?

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Call the baker (grocery store bakery, Sams, BJs etc), tell them how many quests you are expecting and they can advise you what kind of cake to get and how much is needed. If you aren't having one custom-done for the event and are simply picking one out of the grocer fridge, you can ask an employee to help you pick one out that will feed the amount of people that you need. If you want to do a fancier cake but can't afford to have a fancy cake be big enough for all of your guests, you can always do a smaller fancy cake to have on display (for her to blow out the candles and a few people can eat it) and plain sheet cake to serve to everyone else. I perfer that option because for me, plain sheet cake tastes better than all of the added icing and dyes on a fancy, decorated cake. Have fun!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• thanks.well we usually get her cakes at walmart and i think her cake is going to be hannah montana.just rough guessing i made a list and came up with 62 people so far so now i am starting to freak out.her bday is march 15th and her party is going to be on the 14th
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I googled it and found that a half sheet cake serves 30 to 40. If you are buying a sheet cake the store will tell you what to expect. I like to have more than the estimated amount for the people I have invited. Cookies are a nice addition. A small piece of cake and a couple cookies would be plenty.

Answer by Bmat at 2:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• A full sheet should feed 80 people. We usually have my mil make our cakes and go with 3 tiered cakes which feeds around 100 ppl.

Answer by gemgem at 2:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• You could do a full sheet and a half sheet and be safe with it if you just want to do cake. I know we had like 20 people at my daughters party and a half a sheet cake was way too much.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I got Serenitys cake at Wal Mart..... there big almost $30 one, I think it was a sheet cake. And we had 10 adults and 11 kids, and we had leftover cake we brought home.
    ladysylpher

Answer by ladysylpher at 4:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• thanks but i am going to have more people than that
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Hey girl, I like big portions of cake, but I'm with everyone else, call walmart, and ask them what would be best..Then you could make some cupcakes on the side.. Sorry I can't be more help, but i specialize in custom cakes, and generally not having to estimate how many it will feed...just on what it should look like.
    JaelynS

Answer by JaelynS at 10:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2009