How am i meant to travel with 3 kids on a plane for 11 hours!!!

the plane length is 11 hours, i've got a 6 year old, 2 year old and a 10 year old, maybe a travel bag just for them, but what should i put in it??

Angelrose833

Asked by Angelrose833 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Video games for the older one, a book to read to the kiddies, a teddy, coloring booksw/crayons, snacks without sugar such as bananas, apples or other fruits. A quick talk with the kids telling them how to behave on such a long flight can also help. Travel board games can also come in handy.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Toys that arent too loud. and snacks. and make sure you have something for their "night time". like if your 6 yo sleeps with a teddy, bring the teddy.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• oh. and on a side note. ...it may be worth talking to your 2yo about going on a plane. try to watch a video about airplanes and talk about what happens. your LO might not understand everything but it will certianly help! My DS flew with my to Korea. that's a 13 hour flight.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Is it just you or will you have another adult with all of you?
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Movies, snacks, handheld games, and things like that. I traveled 6-7 hourd with one lay over with my kids when they were 3,4 and 7. My 4 and 7 yr old brought their gameboys and some games, coloring books, books to read, and now when we do long road trips we bring movies for portable dvd players etc. Maybe you can see if they let you bring that on the plane.

Answer by gemgem at 2:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• the 2 yr old will be the hardest..i had to do it when my kids were 1 1/2 and 2 1/2...it was hell..my 2 yr old was the hellion..i resulted to benadryl..and since i have anxiety i Had to pop an ativan..atleast you're other 2 are old enough to know not to act up.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2009