My husband, 3 1/2 year old daughter and I are going on a road trip to GA Any Idea's that would make it a better ride for her?

My husband, 3 1/2 year old daughter and I are going on a road trip to GA! It is a 13 or so hour drive! We are leaving in the am but wont be there till late the next night. I bought my daughter the leapster, she also has a protable dvd player as well. Im bringing some books, crayons and stuff but was wondering if anyone has any good ideas to keep a toddler busy and amused during such a long ride! We do the ride to disney ever year and back to NJ and she's usually pretty good, but I am sure this year will be a problem because she hates being in a car seat! Any fun ideas, games, things I can pick up would be a help!! Thanks!!

mommybella

Asked by mommybella at 2:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• counting cars. or counting cars of a certian color which is a game you'll have to play with her. Also, music CD's for her that you can all sing together. And dont forget to let her get out to stretch every 2-4 hours. It may make the trip last a lot longer but it will really cut down on her frustration. But be sure to tell her that its just a break and that she will have to get back in, other wise it may cause more problems. Good luck!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• seems like you have everything that can keep her busy...i honestly don't have any other suggestions..with all you have for her, I think she will be fine...
    kaeleighalexis

Answer by kaeleighalexis at 2:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Don't go to ga.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 2:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Ohh Great Idea with the car counting and colors!! She will love that!!
    Ya I should put her cd's in the truck too!!
    Thanks outstandingLove!
    mommybella

Answer by mommybella at 3:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I think you've got it covered. How about a little benadryl for sleep?
    Anonymous

• Even at 3, mine liked to take pics, or even pretend to take them. She also liked to pretend she was driving so we took along a play driving set. She had the whole back seat to herself, so she was able to take some of her favorite toys. Among her favs were her doll, play camera, driving set, play phone. She even had to color with the crayola, they are non messy.
    Anonymous

• Welcome to Georgia!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 5:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• poratable dvd player, lots of coloring books and mazes and things
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My girls enjoyed coloring with those special markers that only color on special paper. I think they are called color wonder. They also like the Crayola modeling dough. It comes in many colors and drys quickly when you leave it out. It was good because it did not crumble or make a mess or stick to hands or clothes. You can do a scavenger hunt. You have a list of things to find as you go along. You would have to tell her what to watch for. Make it things like cows, yellow house, red car, children playing, truck, etc.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I got all three of my kids Magna doodles for our trip from Tx to Fl..between that and the dvds, they were awesome, better behaved than at home!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 10:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2009