how can teen mothers get money to help out with expecting child?

NCsFINEST

Asked by NCsFINEST at 2:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• By getting a job.

Answer by gemgem at 2:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• You should have thought about that before becoming a teen mom. I was a teen mom, I got a JOB and did not receive any type of assistance at all. I am NOT going to support some teenager who thinks they deserve a handout for becoming pregnant. Go get a job!
    Anonymous

• Yes, getting a job is a good start. Sometimes it doesnt cover everything. Make sure you get child support from the father if possible.
    I was also a teen mom and i had to go on assistance. I was only on it for 3 months then before moving to a place that had more jobs. Just do what you need to do.
    Anonymous

• I think a lot of people forget that it takes 2 people to make a baby. Women don't just get pregnant on their own.
    Start with the father of the baby, make sure paternity is proven and then start legal action for support. Even if she hates the father he needs to support the child he helped to create. If you need help just do a google search for pro-bono lawyers in your area. Then the mom needs to apply for WIC. Also check to see if you have charities/services in your area to help her with basic needs like clothes and diapers.
    After that is all about finishing school and getting a job...just like everyone else.
    Anonymous

• If you need assistance go to your local public assistance office.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• wic & a J O B
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Try your nearest public assitance office, health department, churches and pro-life centers.
    Anonymous

• You get a job and manage your money right.Get child support and use it on your child, not yourself When you have sex and have a child, you have to be an adult.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• APPLY FOR A JOB (go to a business and get an application. Fill it out and turn it back in. Repeat)
    WORK YOUR HOURS (Go to whichever business hired you and do what they tell you)
    CASH YOUR PAYCHECK (go to the bank, sign the back and they will give you the cash)
    TADA! Money!!
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I am an 18 yr old mom and I agree with Anon 3:06....it seems like tons of young moms think they deserve money because they are pregnant. I was working fulltime when I got pregnant and did up until 7 months, and I went back when my DS was 6 weeks old. Same with my boyfriend. We work our behinds off for our money and I think its so stupid that people think they deserve handouts
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2009