Do you think that it is appropriate for an 11 year old girl to wear a Hollister Bikini?

This is a child that has barely developed. Those bikini's have a lot of padding.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• NO!!!
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 3:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• ya!
    Anonymous

• No. I wasn't allowed to wear a bikini until high school and even then my mom AND my dad went with me when I tried it on to approve it lol. Some bikinis can look very nice on girls of all ages and don't necessarily have to be immodest. It sounds like the one you're describing wasn't appropriate though.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I wasn't allowed to
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Nope not a chance
    PennyMom

Answer by PennyMom at 3:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• A one piece in PUBLIC is best, protecting modesty, for swimming/beach. There's too much skin showing these days in summer, in my opinion. I do sunbathe in a bikini at home privately, though.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Uhhhhhhhh Actually an 11 year old is probably the only person who actually has a body to wear Hollister! Just sayin....
    Anonymous

• I was able to wear a bikini at that age. My parents made sure it was appropriate for that age. One piece bathing suits are way to uncomfortable. That being said- seeing as hollister is more for young adults I do not think that would be appropriate. Maybe something form walmart would be a little more tasteful.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 4:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• A bikini covers LESS THAN most underwear... no. I still to this day will not wear one in public and my kids wont put one on until they're grown and make that choice for themselves.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 5:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Hollister is for junior girls. Eleven is NOT a junior girl at all. Even at that, my 14 yr old would not be wearing a string bikini...which is all those are. I do allow her two pieces but they have to cover a bit more. My answer is NO. You start this behavior now and when shes 14, there will be nothing she won't wear. Just my experience.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 5:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2009