Is it true... that you have to do less around the house in order for your DH to do more? Just wondering your thoughts on how to get my husband to take the lead around the house on some things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Walk around in your bra and undies more, that's what I do.
    Anonymous

• what we did was decide who would be in charge of what. Like I wash the dishes and he loads the dishwasher (I know sounds redundant). He cleans the litter box and I do the laundry. Just find what works for you guys. Or even just ask him to help.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• absolutly NOT. If they dont do anything now i dowbt the will do anything later. I have tried this several time. I have gone down to doing nothing at all and it was like a contest to see who would clean first of course i lost it went on for 3 days and it was driving me crazy dishes got so far behind, and toys was everywhere it was getting to much to handle and i gave up and got the whole house cleaned up and then i took all the dishes out of the cabinet and put them into totes and put them in the storage shed and put paper plates and plastic wear in the drawer. I removed all but one trashcan and i put that one in his area. And sacked up all of his clothes ecept for his work clothes and put them in the closet. Now i have less mess and he is tring to figure out where all his stuff went and where the dishes are. And now the trash it taken out dailey since its right next to his chair and we have 3 in diapers.
    mhillaryann

Answer by mhillaryann at 3:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Nope- not in this house. If I don't do it-it won't get done. Not that dh is lazy-he works to jobs, I respect that.
    Anonymous

• If I do less than less gets done! I can only get him to do things if I stay on his ass or make him feel guilty for not doing anything.
    Anonymous

• mine is somewhat lazy he works one job full time and its over nights and he thinks if he isnt working then he gets to sleep and play video games and since i stay home with 3 kids and home school 2 of them and do online college classes myself and fix meals give baths do the shopping and the cleaning and change diapers all day long. All i ask of him is to pick up after himself dump his ash tray and take out the trash.
    mhillaryann

Answer by mhillaryann at 4:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• i tell my husband if i'm to tired from house work that he won't get sex. if your not giving any as it is (if that is your case) that may not work well for you. in my case it does. girls said i shouldn't bargain sex but heck we both have to pull our weight and compromise. if he wants sex i want his help and if i don't get it i'm to tired for sex. works great for us.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Nope, if I don't do it, it doesn't get done. And I mean this man's tolerance for mess is unbelievable! :D I suggest you make a "chore" list and ask him to do it.

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Make a list for each of you.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Well, All I do is ask... honey will you do the dishes for me... he actually will do them... Sweatheart will you go down stairs and get the laundry so it can be folded... and wow once more... I have a good man... just ask him and if he dont... talk to him about it
    1ontheway

Answer by 1ontheway at 2:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2009