what to do? crying at work!

my boyfriend broke up with me today. i went to a toy party last nite and i came back and he said i was cheating on him and i never have i love him. i told him to give me my keys i was leaving i couldn't take this any longer! he grabbed my wrist with such force that it was swollen still kinda is! so today he said it was over that i lied to him i even showed him what i bought but still doesn't believe me our daughter just turned one on friday i dunno what to do i can't afford our place on my own! and i don't want to make my daughter go through this!!!

butterscotch297

Asked by butterscotch297 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Find a cheaper place to live that you can afford. Can you move in with family for a few weeks? First thing, if you have money in a joint account, get to the bank first thing and get the money moved to your own account. You are in charge of your life now. You can do this. He was not the one for you - you know this from the way he treated you. Next time he might strike you, since he already showed he doesn't have enough self-control to avoid injuring you. Make a life now for you and your baby.

Answer by Bmat at 3:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Why did he decide to break up?
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 3:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• If it was the toy party thats just plain silly unless of course you didn't come home.
    mom_wrhsc

• i did come home and he decided to break up cuz he doesn't believe me!
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• i doubt my family would let me live with them now that i have a baby !! do you think i would get some help from the state or anything? i have a job but its only part time
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Sounds like his guilty conscience is taking itself out on you. I'd bet he's cheating on you or is thinking about it. His actions don't make sense, since you showed him the stuff you bought! I assume you have never teased him about other guys....you know, saying someone is "hot" or stuff like that.

It's time to talk with family, hon. You may have to move back home for awhile. *hugs*
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• You should be able to get assistance from the state...Go down to the office and see. Your daughter is to you to understand whats going on. And will not remember it. You need to talk to yopur parents. See if they can help or give you any addvice.

Answer by louise2 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I agree with timelessglass.
    Sounds to me like he's hiding something and feels like an ass for it and is taking it out on you so you don't find out about it.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• You do not want to cry at work, it's virtually professional suicide. If life is closing in on you and you are running scared, consider going back to school to restructure your life. Since it is still early in the year, go to housing to look for an apartment by fall.

If you are in dire emergency, go to social services.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 5:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• He HURT you.

Walk. Before he does worse to you OR TO YOUR DAUGHTER.

Look up womens' shelters in your area.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2009