potty??? BOY

My 2 1/2 year old boy will not use the potty, he crys and cry intill it sounds like your hurting him, I have read books but there ideas don't help us. It only sets us back.. But what is so crazy he always say potty mommy potty so I thought he was ready.. Am I rushing him???

jay2

Asked by jay2 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do you put him on when he asks to? Maybe he needs a different style of toilet(like if you are using a regular one, get him a kid one,etc).

Mine loved the toilet but refused to sit on it or pee in it.

The key is not to push it. If he wigs, take him off and just say "ok later hun" or something along those lines.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yes, you are rushing him. If he wants to go, he will get up there and go. If he is crying, he is not ready. I have potty trained 4 kids so far, and 2.5 is young for a boy. Wait till he is ready, and then it will be fun and rewarding for the both of you.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My nephew was the same way, but by 2 1/2 he was well potty trained. of course there are still the occasional accidents. what we did was put a handful of cheerios in the toilet and try to get him to pee on them, it made it sort of like a game to him.
    MadeinUSA144

Answer by MadeinUSA144 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I put him on when he says potty mommy potty, and he start crying and I make games out of it . I have brought him all kinds of potty stuff,That still didn't work... I think I am going to give it a rest I will wait for him to come around. I think I was trying so hard because he is about to start headstart... Thanks ladies!
    jay2

Answer by jay2 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• my son is 21 months, we started potty training at 18 months, and at first he did not like it, would cry went i tried to put him on, all that i was ready to give up , my mother told me to keep trying even if he didn't sit on the potty i was taking him in there evry 45 min. or so and he started getting it, so now at 21 months he is fully trained in the house w/ only his shirt on, now we're starting to put underwares on him, and i'm still learning that one, but take him to the bathroom every 45 min. and he will get it. good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dawninmanch

Answer by dawninmanch at 8:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Don't push him, but give him some stuff that will make it easier for him. Get him a nice little toddler potty chair, and put him in pullups or something that he can just pull down when he needs to go. Maybe if he feels like he has the freedom to do it when he wants and not when mom takes him, then it might help him. Mine were wearing Pull ups and they would just go whenever they needed to, including my 2 year old at the time.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• my oldest wasnt potty trained until he was 3
    ChrisandTaismom

Answer by ChrisandTaismom at 10:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2009