He threatened to shoot me in the head...

My husband and I had a huge fight this morning cause I asked him to fold the laundry he threw on the floor last night (I folded it on the bed and he threw it off so he could sleep). He flipped out on me, and things escalated and he basically told me he was going to kill me. He broke our bed, and our laptop...(all of this was happening WITH our 16 month old DD watching). I told him to leave and he said "fine I will have custody of our daughter by Friday" I said "No one in their right mind would give custody of a child to someome as violent as you" He then said "You better hope they do or I will come here and shoot you in the head." That is the second threat to kill me today. What do I do...If I call the police they will put it on record and he will never bea a cop/prison gaurd like he wants to. He will never get a good job, and our DD will never see him. I dont kow what to do...there is more but I done have the room to type it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• sorry but how do you know that one day he wont do it.. u need to get u and your kid away from him
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 4:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• yeah and just think.... police are allowed to take their guns home with them... how safe would you feel then? GET OUT!!!!
    pringles_697

Answer by pringles_697 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• "If I call the police they will put it on record and he will never bea a cop/prison gaurd like he wants to. He will never get a good job, and our DD will never see him."

That sounds like the best option. Really.

Think of it this way -
    You stay with him, things get worse and worse over time (they will, don't delude yourself) - and he ends up hurting not only you, but your son also - and then as your son see's him as his role model growing up - your son will think that is the normal way to treat you and other women in his life.

Or.

You pack your bags. You go to your parents/friends/relations house with your son, make sure you are safe - ring the police and press charges, get a restraining order, and start fresh without him.

By staying in this relationship and letting the mental (and possibly physical) abuse continue, you are harming you son.

Get yourself and your son away from this man.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• And you are waiting around for what????
    Anonymous

• sorry mom, but if his temper is that bad HE DOES NOT NEED TO BE A COP/PRISON GAURD. If this has happened before and there is more, you need to keep yourself and DD safe from him, and yes that means calling the police, 75% of women klilled are done so by the hands of a hubby, ex- hubby, boyfriend or ex- boyfriend, you need help to get out of this safely and you need a record of the threats and abuse.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• You definitely need to report it, get away from him and get a restraining order asap. If he is saying those kinds of things and is that violent, he doesn't have any business being a cop or a prison guard. Please, take you child and leave and find a safe place. Don't worry about whether or not he gets a job, you need to be safe and keep your child safe. He needs to get some help and you need to take care of you and your little one. Best wishes.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I agree with all the above.
    Anonymous

• Why in the hell do you care what his career will be like? HE THREATENED TO KILL YOU. Do you wanna die? Do you wanna see your daughter grow up?Leave. Take your child and leave and file a police report on the way out!

Come on now. Common sense has GOT to kick in at some point.
    Anonymous

• so your more worried about a this man, Who just threatened you not ONCE but TWICE, Your more worried about him getting the job he wants & whatever... Than the safety of you and ESPECIALLY your daughter.... Screw that, i would be out. If you stay with him your allowing him to treat you like that & since you already gave him that upper hand, he is gonna always have it. You need to step up for not only yourself but your daughter... it isnt just about you... & just because you report it doesnt mean he wont see his daughter... but i honestly wouldnt want a man like that alone with my daughter... to threaten someones life over laundry!?!?!?!?!.... unless there is more to the story than your telling...

I dunno... be smart & leave his sorry ass.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• You need to get out of that. He broke your bed and a laptop over laundry? What's next, your arm, or throwing your kid down some steps? I worked with special needs kid in a special education room, and not to scare you, but there was a boy in a wheel chair, completely physically and mentally handicapped because that is what happened. And I was in a relationship like that. Ended for my ex-husband to tell me the next fight probably would have ended in a broken bone or 2, he wasn't threatening at that point, just being straight with himself and me. And with all the girls above, HE DOES NOT NEED TO BE A COP OR WHATEVER WITH THAT TEMPER AND ATTITUDE
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2009