Do you think it's wrong?

I am a christian, I have been for years...meaning I go to church, believe in Jesus Christ and try to treat people the way I want to be treated, and I believe He died and rose again. I'm faithful to church, pay tithes and my child goes to church and considers herself a christian. My question is this...how may of you think it's wrong to go out with friends to a resturant that serves alcohol and have a drink, listen to music and dance? Just curious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I don't think that is wrong. Who says you can't do that? That is just ridiculous. You don't have to drink but you can if you want and you don't have to dance either. You can listen to music it's not sinful.

Anonymous

• I don't see anything wrong with that. I think people can drink in moderation, listen to music, and dance with no problems. I am sure that people in Biblical times occasionally had dance, drink, and music. I mean, if you are going out with your friends with the intentions of getting drunk and dancing in any kind of way your hubby would not approve of (if you are married), then I think that is a problem. But just for a relaxing night of a drink or two and some dancing with your friends, no problem there IMO.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I used to go to a Nondenominational church where everyone thought that even having 1 drink was wrong. I'm not really sure why. Both my hubby and I are born again Christians and I think it is completely fine to have a drink sometimes and dance and listen to music.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 4:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• We, as in my husband and I and my best friends, are all Christians. We all belong to our churches where we live, pay tithings, pray as families and friends, send prayer requests along to one another when needed......and when we are all home together we go out have a few drinks and most importantly dance dance dance. Even Jesus Christ had enjoyment, as well as all those who followed him in his days and since. We do not over do and we do remember every day to be thankful He has given us.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• oK if that stuff is wrong, I don't want to be right. You would have to be downright rigid to think that dancing and listening to music is wrong. As far as the alcohol goes it's your choice to drink it or not. Just don't go overboard. Which kind of reminds me of a joke i won't share right now. Everything in moderation and unless you own the restaurant you don't get to choose it's music, whether or not you can dance., or whether or not they serve alcohol. You get to be responsible for you. If you don't agree with it don't go there. But really I don't see anything morally wrong with it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I'm a Christian, I don't drink. I don't think having a glass of wine or a beer is necessarily wrong, I just wouldn't want to "cause a brother to stumble" by them seeing me drinking and damage my testimony. But I don't have a problem going out with friends who drink. I won't go to bars or clubs or anything like that, (I just don't like the noise or the atmosphere) but we go to nice restaurants that serve drinks and those who want a drink can have one and those who don't don't.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My mom's church is like that. She sings solos sometimes and she cannot even sing a song that has the word "dance" in it. I don't get it. I think there's nothing wrong with a few drinks and a little dancing. But there is a line between having fun and getting belligerent and acting a fool.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Dont think thats wrong at all.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Well you're not Muslim so what's the big issue?
    Anonymous

• i don't get that kelly.David dance before God in his underwear.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 5:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2009