Selling a snake...

I am trying to sell my corn snake and have been trying to for a while but I don't really know where to try to sell him. I have posted on myspace and facebook. Any other suggestions or do you know anyone who would be interested???

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 4:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pets

• You can try craigslist.org in the pet section. They do not allow selling but you can ask an adpoption fee. You could also put a free ad on kijiji.com in thier pet section
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 4:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I don't know what a corn snake is, but if you want rid of it can you take it to a pet store? Sure they won't buy it, but may be able to take it. Or the humane society
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I would try the local news paper in the pets section, I would post flyers (with permission) at local pet/pet supply stores. If still no response after that I would start talking to the local pet shelters and see which one is most likely to find him a home.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Ask the local pet store, They might sell it for you on consignment, or buy it from you for resale. Corn snakes are pretty and interesting. If you just want to get rid of it, contact the biology or science department of a local middle school or high school. Middle schools are best. They might be delighted to get it. The kids get to take care of a living creature and learn something in the process.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Craigs list is awesome for that type of stuff www.craigslist.com
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• ya, go craig list. i wish i had room for another snake! i so badly want a corn snake!! right now i have a garter(my first snake ive ever owned) and i want to slowly move up to the big ones....in your craiglist ad, specifically put "rehoming fee" ..everyone does that on there and gets away w it.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2009