Weird q - about tail bone pain....

I'm 34 weeks, never had tailbone pain with any prev. pregnancies - I JUST had a kid (they will be 14 mos apart) so I'm tempted to think its not related to anything stretching or whatever... the very bottom of my spine (last 2 vertabrae) feel very very bruised. The NP (I won't see a real dr until *the* time comes or something is wrong) said it was due to a fracture or something, but I've not fallen on my butt, never broken my tail bone, nothing like that. Any ideas? It's weird when you're trying to explain it... Help!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I fell down some stairs when I was 18 and bruised my tailbone and unfortunately it took a couple of years before I could sit without it hurting. I was a receptionist then, too! OUCH! So I know exactly what pain you're describing.

I'm guessing the relaxin hormone(Google this, you'd be amazed the pain it can cause!) is causing some of your pain as well as the baby pushing on that area when you sit. There are little cushions that have a cut out in them you can sit on just for tailbone pain. Google them.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• it's actually not uncommon to have tailbone pain associated with pregnancy. especially if you had a previos tailbone injury. it's been a while, so I forget why, but it's a typical possible symptom.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 4:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• The same thing happens to me, but only when I lie down. I was wondering about that, too.
    MadeinUSA144

Answer by MadeinUSA144 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2009