My daughter is 14 months old and want eat anything but #2 baby foods ?

She gags on anything with texture . She will eat applesauce and mashed potatoes . She only has 8 teeth and cutting her molors . Will she be able to chew real food without having her molars ?

EMILIE1982

Asked by EMILIE1982 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I read some kids have texture aversion. Google it for advice.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• They don't need molars to "chew" food. Just give her small pieces of soft food. My 8 month old eats crackers, several fruits, steamed veggies, pasta, just about everything we eat. I just have to prepare it differently and cut it really small.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 4:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I agree with both of those responses.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My 1 year old only has her 2 bottom teeth, she eats table food just small pieces and I try to give her baby food still she will not have it. I agree with the top 2
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 1:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Just keep offering her other foods in addition to the smooth baby foods. It may be that her mouth is just very sore due to teeting. If you keep offering other things, she will eventually start eating them. I don't know of anyone who goes off to college eating baby food!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 9:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Have you tried any finger food like Cheerio's? Maybe something a bit sweet like those puffs they sell. Just to get her started.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:19 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Well, I cant really give you advice, but she is not alone. My mom said I couldn't hardly eat anything without gagging on it. I had a horrible gag reflex! Even at the dentist, they had to do things different just for me. Anyway, it will get better (except I still gag on brocolli, whipped cream, mayo, and other creamy things...). I already feed my 5-mo old little bits of bread and he moves his mouth like he is chewing on it. I'm sure she will able to chew. You don't have to have teeth for a lot of foods...
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 10:25 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• maybe mixing a little bit of 3rd stage baby food and adding more as you go on till shes ready for the 3rd stage like weening it in there she might just like it to much right now 2 give it up
    kris10npj

Answer by kris10npj at 1:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I can't remember if we did rice cereal before or after the 2nd stage baby food. My son is 15 months and only has 6 teeth. He has been eating solids for a while now. At first he was eating everything, but now he is being picy about it. He likes soft bread, green beans, chicken nuggets, mac & cheese the best. Hope this helps.
    Littlejem

Answer by Littlejem at 8:09 AM on Feb. 25, 2009