SHOULDNT MY LEVELS BE DOWN??????

I HAD A D&C 2 WEEKS AGO AND I TOOK A PREGNANCY TEST TO SEE IF I GET A NEG AND IT STILL SAYS POSITIVE SHOULDNT MY HCG LEVELS BE DOWN ALREADY?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your levels might not dissipate enough to read a 'neg' on a pregnancy test for up to two months.

Your levels are down, but are still high enough to register on a pregnancy test....which, by the way, why are you taking anyways?
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 4:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I JUST WANTED TO SEE IF MY LEVELS WENT DONE SO I WAS CURIOUS SO I TOOK A PREGNANCY TEST.. PLUS I DONT WANNA HAVE SEX YET KNOWING MY HCG LEVELS WOULD BE HIGH
    Anonymous

• no they should go dwn quicker than that they go dwn to 0 on a blood test
    Anonymous

• OKAY GOOD I WAS HOPING IT WASNT GONNA HAVE AN EFFECT ON ME STARTING A PERIOD CAUSE I BEEN CRAMPING LIKE CRAZY IF IMMA START AND HASNT START YET SO IM JUST WAITING..
    Anonymous

• My sister had a D&C and her levels didn't go down to a zero until 2 1/2 months later. It varies from person to person.
    It wouldn't make sense for your levels to just suddenly drop to zero. Hormones take longer to disspate, even if your pregnancy has been terminated. Its the same thing if you miscarry...your body just doesn't dissapate all the hcG in your body.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 4:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I DIDNT KNOW THAT I HAVE ANOTHER ? HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR HER TO GET A MENSTURAL? SRRY ASKING MUCH ...JUST WANNA KNOW
    Anonymous

• What is a D&C?
    MadeinUSA144

Answer by MadeinUSA144 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• D&C you need to know a little about the uterus and cervix. The uterus is a pear-shaped, muscular organ that sits in the lower abdomen. The top of the uterus is wide and it narrows like the neck of a bottle at the bottom. The lower third portion of the uterus is its neck which is called the cervix. The cervix is round and has a small opening called the OS. During your GYN exam your physician can see the cervix by using a speculum -- an instrument used to separate the walls of the vagina.

The inner wall of the uterus is lined by endometrial tissues. The endometrial tissues thicken during the first part of your menstrual cycle. Once ovulation occurs progesterone acts to stop this thickening, and changes the endometrial lining so that it is ready to accept a pregnancy should it occur. If pregnancy doesn't occur, hormone production ceases and the endometrium breaks up and is shed as menstrual blood
    Anonymous

• Im sorry about your pregnancy loss but i didnt get my period 3-4 weeks after dnc
    Anonymous

• MAN REALLY I WANTED TO TTC AS SOON AS I CAN MAN I DONT WAIT LONG!!!!!! UH ITS SOOO HARD SEEING MY SISTER PREGNANT AND MY FRIENDS AND SIS IN LAW MAN WHY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;( ITS SOOOOOOOO HARD!
    Anonymous