Are your nipples in the nipple protection program?

I used to have "outties" when it came to my nipples. Suddenly after I finished breastfeeding my last child my nipples completely inverted. I absolutely hate this. They can be coaxed from their hiding spots, but unless we talk to them real sweet they stay in their cave.

Anyone else suffer from inverted nipple syndrome? Any way you know of to fix this?

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Health

• This is NOT common for one or both nipples to invert after breastfeeding. It is really important that you mention this to your Dr. and get an exam. Chances are it is nothing other than annoying, but this CAN be a sign of breast cancer.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• ok sorry but I have no advice for this. BUT this is the funniest question I have ever read. I hope you can figure something out.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• its not funny after i breastfed my son for 6months my left nipple inverted...the right normal...omg I hate it but if im cold it will come out!! ahhh somebody please help!
    Anonymous

• See this is why I didn't breastfeed:)
    Anonymous

• Wow Anon.

I don't regret my decision to provide my children the best nutrition at the cost of my breasts. I would never regret that. But I sure do miss my nipples.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I'm sure the situation in itself is not funny and I apologize if anyone thought I was laughing at it... I meant the way it was presented was funny
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Really? I did not know that. Well I'll definitely bring it up then at my next appointment in April. Considering I've had cervical cancer twice now I don't really feel like messing around with breast cancer. Geez, I freaking hate cancer. I'm too young for this crap!
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• ZaTa: I didn't take offense to you. I'm pretty light hearted and quite the smart ass. I purposely presented the question in an amusing way. :)
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• ok good... after anon jumped my butt I wasn't sure!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I couldn't help but to chuckle... sorry... No I haven't had the issue but being as karma is the royal B***** I probably will now... I am due in july and planning on full time breastfeeding.... (this is my third- my other two were breast fed but supplemented) so hey I may just be hitting you up for advice in a year or so...haha
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 8:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2009