tempature

my 6 week old has a temp or 99.9 do i need to take him in

ashlei_kay

Asked by ashlei_kay at 4:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 99.9 is considered a low grade fever if it gets 100.4 then you would want to take him in.
    Anonymous

• If it goes up anymore you might want to give him a lil tylenol. For his age you just fill it up to the very first line on the dropper for the infant tylenol. What is wrong with him? When my baby was two in a half weeks he got a bit of a cold and an ear infection. His temp didnt go over 100 but I took him in anyway just to make myself feel better cuz I was freaking out.
    Anonymous

• How are you getting his temperature?
    Keep in mind that externally, on the skin, it can be one degree-ish cooler. Important to note that.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• 99.9 is the high end of normal depending on how you took the temperature. Our pediatrician wants rectal temps.

If you feel he needs some Tylenol, call your doctor and get the correct dosage based on his WEIGHT. It's not based on age, it IS based on weight.

Is that the only concern? Just the elevated temp? Does he have a cold, congestion or anything?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• 100.4 rectally is the magic number to take him in. Does he have any other symptoms? Do you know what brought it on?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:28 AM on Feb. 23, 2009