money issues?

i am a 20 year old mother of 2 and a full time student, i do not work and my husband works full time. i want to know if the money should be shared equally between us. i have to beg for money to do anything and when i get upset about it he says i am wrong. what do you think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that if money is becoming a problem, that maybe you might want to consider getting a weekend job so that you don't have to beg for money.

I am not saying that this is the case in your relationship, but men use women not working as a tool to be in control (i.e you have to beg for money).

Ask around your school if there are any jobs open on campus. I know that my college hires people for the bookstore and for tutors, and they are pretty good with the hours.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yes, he helped to make the babies and he should help with your sanity and share the money.
    You are at home with your little ones all day, of course it's fair for you to have a little spending money of your own.
    He gets it too doesn't he?
    He's gets paid for his job, yes? So why can't you get paid for yours?
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I'm sorry your husband isn't treating you like an adult. If he is making you beg for money that is wrong. You may be a full time student, but you carry your weight with the housework, etc. Don't you? Marriage is a partnership, not a dictatorship!
    Some guys never get this, though. If he's a neanderthal type that thinks you're some kind of slave for him, I think you made babies with someone who will just cause you grief always.
    I'd TELL him you expect full adult interaction concerning your finances. You should both be budget planning and deciding together what to spend money on. If he won't do this, and won't get counselling, you might have to just grin and bear it or leave.
    Anonymous

• In our home (I'm a SAHM) the money is ours. He works outside the home, me inside. Of all the problems and arguments we've ever had, money has not been one of them. It sounds like your DH might have a little control issue going on.

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2009