How do you make a website?

Any feedback is appreciated!

kittie1919104

Asked by kittie1919104 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• What kind of website are you looking for? For what type of biz or communciation?
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 5:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• For example, do you want flash? HTML only? Or maybe a blog?
    my2luvbugs

• I was going to make one for my business but I don't know how.
    kittie1919104

Answer by kittie1919104 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• huge questions. I build sites from ground up. Many providers provide generators. I personally hate generators because of messy code. And plus, they can be very expensive. If you want to use a generator, I would suggest practicing on a freebie space of 20MB or less that allow just pictures for a personal site. I would also recommend for you to study how to work with Paypal. Paypal is initially free too.

I would highly suggest for you to study html code and how to implement Paypal code. The least expensive and high quality providers that I have worked with is www.your-site.com. But they don't provide anything free for starters.

A freebie 20MB place (i've never worked with), is www.angelfire.lycos.com. There are many others.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 5:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My husband and I just built a web site. He did the technical stuff and I am adding content and managing. Just two and a half weeks and you can see the progress(www.marionact.org). He used a provider called "a small orange" which is very inexpensive. The web site is cheap and there are ready-made templates you can work with that are easy to use. Just follow the instructions. There are also many HTML tutorials online if you get stuck or want to do something fancy. My husband knew a little bit about computers already, but never built a site before and had to use tutorials and troubleshooting forums all along the way. We still have a lot to learn, but in a very short time were able to make something that really looks professional. You don't have to know it all at once. The site will work reasonably well with just a few days work and you can add pages and content as you learn.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 6:15 AM on Feb. 23, 2009