is it braxton hicks or real contractions???

im 33 weeks pregnant. everything has gone great, with no problems so far. iv felt braxton hicks a few times within the past month, for just a quick sharp moment. but today i was shopping at walmart, and walked around everywhere, all in it. the last 5 minutes i was in there as i walked to the register, and while at the register, i felt like i was having bad menstral cramps really low down in my belly.
i went and sat back in my car, and it went away. now im home and sitting back, and im still feeling ok. but im nervous, because i dont know what it was.

im not sure if it was braxton hicks, or real contractions, or maybe just my body telling me i need to rest.

what do u think?
what should i do?

piercedmomma412

Asked by piercedmomma412 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Possibly all of the above. If a mom pushes herself further than her pregnant-self can handle at any particular time, the body can yell at mom... Make sure you get a lot of water and some nutritious food, rest this evening...
    IF you find that you are having a lot more try a soothing bath. If nothing gets them to stop you may need to call your doctor/midwife.
    From what you've said, it shouldn't be alarming right now, though.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• My guess is that it is not actual contractions. It is probably just the muscles that you were using to carry the baby and walk. By that I mean it is important to take it easy sometimes. If you continue to feel the cramps through the night or if they become regular then you should contact the doctor. Otherwise just sit back and relax! Enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy .
    bmotterbacher

Answer by bmotterbacher at 7:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2009