How much do you pay for before & after school care?

How much do you pay for before & after school care? I just placed an ad on Craigslist, but I'm still wondering how much to charge. Obviously I'll do less for morning care, as it will be a shorter length of time, but I still am curious as to just how much is reasonable.

momof4qtz

Asked by momof4qtz at 5:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• Ours is through the school...$322 a month when it's a full month.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Some programs like the salvation army is free for children after school I believe.Ymca usually have a program thats not to expensive too. MAybe call around to home daycares,some pickup children for a cheap rate. I work from home so I havent done the after school programs.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I paid $40 per kid per week when I had to leave mine in the before and after school care program here on base but that was based on a pay scale by military rank. I think that was a fair price for the income we were making, but I would honestly say $50 per week would be what I would charge if I did it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• If the school has a program that would probably be more reliable. Our school is like $7 and $9 for the am and pm program daily. It adds up I use a neighbor friend and pay her$100 a month. We don't use her in the winter so the cost is less for us per our arrangement. Anyway, if you have more than 1 child it gets very costly. Good luck and get references!!!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 3:25 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I charge $50 a week for children in school and $75 a week during the summer :)
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 11:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2009