Is it normal for girls to masturbate with pillows instead of their hands?

My 12-year-old niece tells me everything, and she just insisted i double-check it was, even though I assured her so. So here goes it.

A.W.96

Asked by A.W.96 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I've never heard of that as well as never tried it.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• how do you masturbate with a pillow?
    MaddisonsMomma

Answer by MaddisonsMomma at 6:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• She said by humping it. She also wants me to add that it was sometimes a box...
    A.W.96

Answer by A.W.96 at 6:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• lol is humping considered masturbating?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Well, no not really lol. But that is what she called it. And she is anxiously awaiting for someone to tell her its normal, and that it has been done before. (Those teenagers... dying to know they're normal.)
    A.W.96

Answer by A.W.96 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Nope she's SOOOOOO very much normal :)
    You can't die from having your ribs rub against internal organs, they are there on purpose, and for masturbating?
    Everything and anything goes, boys do it too. As long as you stay clean and healthy about it, there's nothing wrong with using a pillow or a box, or whatever you find. Just make sure you wash everything you use with soap and hot water okay?
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Thank you very, very much DesignerMom0801. She is absolutely esctatic.

(Takes it from somebody on the internet, and not her aunt.) :-) LOL

Thanks again!
    A.W.96

Answer by A.W.96 at 7:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• It's normal and healthy, and safe. What a wonderful relationship you have that she can talk to you about this stuff! She's one lucky girl...and I imagine you're one lucky aunt!!!!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Yes, that is completely normal. And if people have never heard of it, think about what makes you...you know. Had a couple of friends in a tell all session, and I have heard that more than once. That was years ago, and I am 25. She may not want to tell everyone (that may bring some ridicule no matter what kind of masturbation she's doing), but telling you everything is great!
    Anonymous

• She also was wondering if her ribs could rub against her internal organs and cause internal bleeding.

No, don't know where that one came from...
    A.W.96

Answer by A.W.96 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2009