cankles....

i keep my feet up when im not at work.. drink plenty if fluids and my blood pressure is normal.. some one told me this is a sign that i could go into labor early..im 31 weeks and next week i start my every 2 wk appt.. well my feet are so swollen sometimes it hard to peel my sock off... what could the problem be...?

1sttymmom409

Asked by 1sttymmom409 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are just retaining a lot of water. I did it with my first baby. It is not fun and there was nothing I could do about it. I didn't go into labor but 4 days early.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 6:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I think its just water. I would ask your doc about maybe taking a water pill. Good Luck.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• they told me to drink even more water.. tellin me that the extra water should help make my body get rid of this swelling in my feet and ankles..
    1sttymmom409

Answer by 1sttymmom409 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• it's normal, unfortunately there's really not a lot you can do about it, even if you put your feet up lol. i mean they will go down if you have your feet up but it will just come right back when you walk around again
    pringles_697

Answer by pringles_697 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• It is just fluid retention. I had it with both of my pregnancies. Doc said to drink more water and avoid salt. I was overdue with first baby and am about to hit my due date with second. Also, keeping my feet up as much as possible was the only thing that seemed to help.
    Keene

Answer by Keene at 9:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• reduce your salt and sodium intake..that's probably the only thing that will help...i had Bad cankles w my first 2 and im 32 wks w my 3rd and to my suprise, i have not once gotten cankles..i eat Tons less salt.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2009