When shold you stop taking birth control pills if you are trying to conceive for July, August.etc?

newmom2bee08

Asked by newmom2bee08 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• April 26, 2009 at 3:57 pm. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• As soon as you stop taking them, it is possible for many to become pregnant the very next month. For others, it takes a much longer time. It took me 1.5 years after stopping BC to get pregnant, it took a friend of mine 2 months and another person I know 2 years. Everyone is different; it depends on your body and your cycle. I would suggest stopping it now and using condoms in the meantime.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• To give birth in July you need to conceive in October so I would go off the pill in late September or early October. If you have been on the pill a very long time, it might take longer to conceive. If you conceive in the first half of November, you would be due in August.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• It is recommended you stop the pill 3 months before you plan to conceive. Use a condom or something in the meantime
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 6:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Well, if you stop taking it in Sept or Oct, there's a chance you won't conceive immediately! So you still might end up with a baby born in October, November, December, Jan, etc etc.
    Anonymous

• Baby is one thing you can't plan for 100% You can try but there will never be a garuntee on the exact time frame you'll concieve!
    Babie4ka

Answer by Babie4ka at 8:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• Well if your talking about this year you should be prego now.But if your talking about next year you want to be prego in Nov for having a baby in July.For Aug you want to be prego in Dec.I stop talking the pill 3 mths before dec.Just to be safe I would stop 4 mths before.Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• It depends...with my last pregnancy I got off of birth control in June and got pg in August.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• It all depends if you are a fetile Myrtle or not. I have 2 children & 1 one the way & I got pregnant the 1st month after stopping the pill with all 3. I had been on the pill for over 10 years when I got pregnant with my 2nd child. The baby on the way is due July 14, I conceived october 7.
    seaott9406

Answer by seaott9406 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2009

• I concievd in July and went of bc in May. with dd it took 2 years to get preggo so we TTC in Sept with #2. I had surgery in May so just went off bc then and we planned on actively starting to try in Aug! Well Aug came and my period didn't so we were 2 mo ahead of schedule. Alls well that ends well
    mom-x-2

Answer by mom-x-2 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2009