Can someone help me out. I have hypo-thyrodism, and am on synthriod, I STILL cannot sem to loose weight. I'm dieting and working out. Any ideas?

Cara356

Asked by Cara356 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Talk to your doctor first and make sure he is monitoring your levels. Anything above 3.5 is considered out of the norm---by the major endocrinologist association--it was lowered a few years ago from 5.0. I am on Armour thyroid--only two doctors in our town of 60,000 people will prescribe it. It is a naturally derived pill. When I exercise and eat very healthfully, I can lose weight. I had a doctor tell me that anyone under 10 on the test would not be showing symptoms--I was around 8!!! I switched doctors only to have to argue with her about using Armour instead of one of the "new" synthetics. I got tired of doing that so I found another gyn that respected my choice in treatment. A regular gp is the one who would prescribe Armour. The point is--if your are still having symptoms, figure it out and keep at your doctor to help you.

Anonymous

• Coming from someone who suffers from hypothyroidism ,I can't lose weight either. No matter how hard I exercise or modify what I eat, I lose nothing. Both my endocrinologist and trainer have said it's mostly the inches and not the pounds that matter.
    Anonymous